Friday, November 13, 2009

Which low-end slimline hair straightener should I buy for my fine hair?

I'm looking to buy a slimline hair straightener to use on my fine, blonde hair and bangs... so preferably one with different heat settings, not just one temperature.



I also want to be able to curl or wave my hair with the same tool, so perhaps one with a rounded barrel?



I know of some good (but expensive) brands that you can buy over the internet, but I want to purchase one in-store, so that limits me to products available in Australia.



I'm only willing to spend under $200, and I've looked at a few low-ends like Vidal Sassoon and Remington.



I know I have a lot of requirements, but any recommendations, good/bad experiences or suggestions would help a lot!



Which low-end slimline hair straightener should I buy for my fine hair?

i brought a REMINGTON digital hairstraightener with 6 temperature controls its nice and slim. its ceramic too so it wont burn your hair i have really fine thin hair and i use mine everyday without a doubt and its the best ive come across. i brought it from BIG W for $38



Which low-end slimline hair straightener should I buy for my fine hair?

Stay away from Torlen flat irons. They're cute (I had a pink one... super fun) it was good for the first few months but it got really dirty fast and the heat was fairly minimal. Then, less than a year into it one side stayed ice cold... then both. I took it back to where I got it (EnviroTrends... only in Canada) and they said they were having a lot of issues with those straighteners. They replaced it with a titanium one and so far so good. Heats up in literally 30 seconds. Perfect for the morning. I can't seem to find any website you can buy it on though... my suggestion is to go to the best ( or one of the best) hair stylists in your area and check all of them out. Ask them to do a demo on your hair (they usually find out how high of a heat setting you need and this is free) then ask them about their warranties. Automatically for 2 years when I bought mine it was covered against all damage. You can usually get some on sale too... mine was $119.00 CAD on sale. Good luck! There's a ton out there so the best one for you is the one you love the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment